2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP envy 15 smarttouch left hinge broken

HP envy smarttouch 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI: 

I saw one topic in the forum about complaining this type of laptop left hinge broken issue, many customers like me had same problem.

i bought my laptop from microsoft store directly almost 3 years ago, my wife used it at home without moving most of time  and not opening/closing quite offten, just 2 months ago, my wife changed job and needed to carry the laptop between home and office, then only 2 months past, this laptop was broken on left higne, she was really connerced laptop would not work anymore one day when opening it. 

what a bad hardware quality it is! based on many people had same issue, almost for sure, it belongs to kind of design or product defective, should be recalled.  i post pictures to show where issue is and my laptop info.

hopefully i could be treated as HP customer

thanks

ym3017broken.jpgHP envy 15 info.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 417
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ym3017

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
HelpNEEDEDnow1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Complaint Description:
I purchased HP Envy Touchscreen j178ca in May of 2017. 8 months later, the left hinge broke and is pushing the bottom out and breaking the casings, it also is warping the top casing as a result. The monitor is wobbly and does not want to stay in place and now, probably the fan is from time to time creating a grinding noise. I called the support and they told me that there is no warranty for this computer, even though in the battery compartment it says 1 year and 1 month and that will be in June of 2018. Also tried to speak to a supervisor and the agent left me 45 min on hold just to be rude and hang up afterwords.

Your Desired Resolution:
Hi guys, I expect that this is repaired with no cost to me and/or that you replace this laptop with the new one.

B

0 Kudos
16957 227 920
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HelpNEEDEDnow1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ym3017 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi: 

my HP ENVY touchsmart 15 notebook PC information:

serial: 5CG3430H09

product:E7Z36UA#ABA

mode: 15- j052nr

i almost have given up the any argument regarding this hardware defect of this laptop your company selled. for sure, this must be your HP quality issue as so many complaint about this same problem on same place from many customers like me.  almost of time this laptop just was just used at home, seldom opened/closed  it to get that part worn out.  i had many laptops  used from different brand, no one had such issue like this. so for sure, its HP laptop part quality issue!!!!!

i had really bad feeling about previous service desk support and explanation for this issue, if your company donot want to admit that quality issue, donot take action to repair or replace for free, then please do not contact with me anymore, i donot want to waste time.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation