08-06-2016 10:42 PM
I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the hard drive on this machine?
If yes, do I need to fully dissasemble it? (Remove the keyboard and all other stuff)
It is very slow
I want to replace it with an ssd.
Is there any guide on how to do this? I can't find anything on the internet.
08-06-2016 11:23 PM
Actually no official guide which shows users how to upgrade but we normally use a guide called Maintenance and Service Guide to work on the machine. You can download from the following link for your machine:
Page 28 shows you how. And yes, you can replace the existing HDD with SSD.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot