Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6600 Entertainment Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx, Windows 10

The laptop freezes and locks up every time the charger is unplugged. It works fine (albeit kinda slow) when it's plugged in, but as soon as it's unplugged, it freezes and has to be forced to reboot.

I've tried replacing the battery and the charger with the same result.

I also tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in the device manager, no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JMoneyySwagg

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the laptop freezes when it's disconnected from your device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check with an alternate adapter to see if that makes a difference?

Have you tested and/or calibrated your battery or adapter?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

If the computer starts and you would like to test the AC adapter, use the following steps:

1. Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.

2. Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.

5. In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.

6. In the Component Tests menu, select Power

7. In the Power menu, select the AC Adapter test.

8. Run the test and follow the onscreen instructions.

9. When the test is finished, the results display.

10. If the test PASSED, there is no issue with the AC adapter. Do not replace it.

If the AC Adapter fails the test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support.

If the test passed, Click here for instructions on running a hardware test/calibration of your battery:

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.