08-25-2011 01:01 PM
My HP laptop is keep shutting down by itself..
If I open a video or play games, then the laptop will be on for about 15 mins to 30 mins and later it will automatically shut down.
If I only take down notes and does not carry out heavy operation, it can lasts up to one and a half hour.
If I leave the laptop for sometime, it should be sleep but instead it shut down.
Is it the fan problem? overheating problem? Battery problem? AC power adaptor problem?
How can I solve this problem?
08-25-2011 01:08 PM
Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu. Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the details of any error messages.
Also, does the notebook get very warm quickly?
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot