Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Does anyone know the pinout or wiring diagram for the power port on a model 15-r030wm notebook? It has gotten pretty loose and sloppy over the past year to the point where I have to find the sweet spot and prop something against  the supply cord to get it to work. I am hoping to be able to fix it rather than purchase a new one.  I already replaced the cord. No luck. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jtfranc27

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If your Laptop is in warranty, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team:

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If your Laptop is out of warranty, use this part number: 749647-001 and you can place the order for this on HP Parts Store or local online stores.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jtfranc27

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If your Laptop is in warranty, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team:

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If your Laptop is out of warranty, use this part number: 749647-001 and you can place the order for this on HP Parts Store or local online stores.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks buddy. My part is ordered and on the way.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.