Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wish I had seen a related post before purchasing this HP laptop.  Supposedly it comes with a UK keyboard, but it does not.  The pound currency symbol is on the "3" key and the double quote symbol is on the "2" key, which is correct but the enter key is single height rather than double height, and the \ symbol is to the right of the spacebar rather than the left. The hash key is misplaced but it does have an ISO alt-gr key rather than an ANSI 2nd alt key.  I keep mis-pressing the hash key for the enter key - as it is in that place - and \ is used in much code.  These issues kill fast touch typing.  A pity.  This was an issue in 2017 and it is still an issue in 2020.  It looks like HP has not addressed the issue at all.  If you want a standard keyboard layout  I would stay away from this laptop.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type
msinfo32
Read Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

The  #ABU means mine is a proper UK model.

Maybe you bought for a different country?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Make (HP), model and OS stet as in original post.  😉

System SKU: ends in #ABU - as does yours.  The model was purchased in the UK.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the standard UK ISO layout?  Details may be found here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/ANSI_vs_ISO.   The differences become a real issue if you touch type and are familiar with a standard UK layout.  The HP layout is non-standard, and causes major issues when touch typing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.