Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Serial #(Personal information removed by moderator)

Product#h5q32aa#aba

Model #23-b231

My computer will not turn on at all. No sounds no lights, nothing. Please help, this is my work computer and I desperately need it

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello harley,

For your security, remove the Serial Number from your post. Go to Options and choose Edit from the dropdown menu.

That is an All in One type of computer. Not much you can do with those.

Check the power cord. Plug it into a different outlet, NOT a power strip to see if you get power.

IF no power, it could be several things hardware related internally.

It has an external power supply (DC converter block on the cord) and it could be faulty.

You can also take a look at the HP trouble shooting guide.

If the computer is still under warranty, you will need to contact HP Support for your area.

Contact HP -USA Phone Assist | HP® Official Site

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Hello Harelyquinn13,

Hi,
I sent you a private message, if you are not sure how to access your private messages please read the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Thank You,
KarolB

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

The solution I found which worked to cure this problem was to replace the CMOS battery on the Motherboard.

To do this, follow the instructions below:

Disconnect anything connected to the Monitor; i.e. mouse, keeyboard, power supply etc.

Place the Monitor on a hard flat surface with the Monitor glass side down and back side facing up - protect the glass side by placing a towel or something like that on the hard flat surface first.

Release the two screws on the back of the Monitor - they are captivated so will not come out.

Ground yourself by touching something metallic - like a radiator and then do not move about too much.

Gently prise the back cover off the  Monitor all way round and remove the cover.

The CMOS battery is on the Motherboard which is on the right hand side under a large nmetal cover.

Remove the two screws retaining the metal cover - look at the cover, the location of the screws are marked with arrows.

The cover then pivots from left to right in order to remove it.

The CMOS battery is the the only shiny button shaped item on the Motherboard.  Carefully prise it out of its socket - idealy with something plastic. 

Make a note of which way round the battery is to be fitted.

Replace the battery with the same type, voltage etc or an exact equivalent.

Re-fit the Motherboard cover and rear cover of the Monitor.

Job done for the cost of a £1 GBP battery.

Just a note - this is the second HP PC I have repaired with this type of fault - the other one was a Laptop!

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem - what have you gor to loose for the price of such a low cost item!!

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.