Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have had this issue on and off for a few weeks now. The keyboard is fine one minute and then stops working the next. I have replaced the keyboard and the same thing happens. This suggests that it isn't an issue with the keyboard and is something within? I use my laptop for work and can't afford to have to keep using the on screen keyboard when mine breaks down. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and device manager says it's working fine and the driver is the latest one. I am at a loss. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have replaced the keyboard 3 times and none of them work! Is it knackered? Some kind of response would be helpful.

HP Recommended

This is a known fault with hp and replacing the keyboard will work rarely for some but heating up with a hairdryer or heatgun on the main board around where the connection for the keyboard is resolves the problem.You have to remove the keyboard first though

I bought keyboards like everybody else that tried replacements in the past and its to do with the connections on the board which stop your keys working.

I have repaired so many of these before actually using a heatgun on low setting but gently heating on and around the area stated and had success every time.You do not have to heat so its very hot(too hot to touch)I konw it sounds suicidal to do but it does work!

HP Recommended

What worked for me: push altgr in cortana window and litteraly spam evey possible touch on your keyboard... some symbols may appear doing so and capslock will start to react to push on/off/on

once it reacts the whole keyboard works again...

cheap solution but worked for me... cheap solution for really cheap computers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.