Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion g7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP pavilion will not power back on for a few days when powered off. It works great while on. It can be restarted but not powered back on when powered off. If powered off, the power button will not respond. I have tried removing the battery but problem remains. Any ideas would be helpful

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Hrv7
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Do you see an amber light next to the Ac adapter port?
  • Have you tried only with Ac adapter without battery?
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop screen?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding. There hasnt been any hardware changes. There is no amber lite next to the AC adapter port and yes I have tried it without the battery being connected. I am not sure when it started, the laptop belongs to a  friend that brought it from someone else and he said he isn't exactly sure when it started but not long after he got it. I did discover that you can press f5 and boot to the HP Quick Web every time with no problem. 

HP Recommended

@Hrv7

• Are you able to use Quick Web Service?

If you are not able to start the computer, then it should be a hardware related issue with the computer.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I am able to use quite k web. That works everytime. 

HP Recommended

@Hrv7
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try changing the QuickWeb setting to run at boot:

Follow the steps below to enable/disable QuickWeb.

1. Confirm that IOS is enabled in the BIOS.

1. Power on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup utility.

2. Use the right and left arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration menu.

3. Use the up and down arrow keys to navigate to Boot Options, and then press the Enter key.

4. Navigate to Instant-On and select Enabled.

5. If desired, update the value for Delay to Boot Windows.

The HP IOS program is now enabled within the BIOS utility.

2. Confirm that the IOS is configured to automatically launch within the Windows environment.

1. In the Windows environment, click Start, All Programs, IOS, IOS Configuration Tool.

2. Select Enable IOS.

3. If you select Enable OS countdown timer, set the timer to at least 10 seconds to allow enough time to use QuickWeb before Windows automatically loads.

And. also this sounds like an operating system related issue with the computer reinstalling the windows OS will fix the issue. 

Click here to perform an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.