05-12-2013 08:32 AM
My HP pavilion g6 2204sa keeps randomly shutting down without any warning or sign of it shutting down but I have notced that this only occurs when the battery goes below 50-48%. How can I solve this problem?
05-12-2013 08:42 AM
Does it ever do it when connected to AC power or only on battery? If only on battery go into the BIOS (Setup) by tapping F10 as you power up and see if there is a battery calibration utility and run a battery calibration. Your battery is likely reporting more charge than it really has and the calibration will realign it. If the battery is over 18 mos old it might be time to think about a new one.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot