wow08816 Tutor
Tutor
17 9 1 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP spectre x360 15t USB-C harging

I recently purchase both a HP Spectre x360 15t and a HP Spectre x360 13.  I was understanding that the USB-C prot supported charging.  However, the HP Spectre x360 15t failes to recognize the USB-C charger (from Spectre x360 13). Is there anyway to charge the HP x360 Spectre via USB-C port.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 421 576
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wow08816,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Spectre x360 15t fails to recognize the USB-C charger and you wanted to know if there any way to charge the HP x360 Spectre via USB-C port.

Please follow the link which has all the info: Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
wow08816 Tutor
Tutor
17 9 1 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i'm confused. Not sure how this link answers my question for my specific system or problem.  This appears to a general description about USB-C ports but nothing specific to my systemor problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 7684 421 576
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wow08816,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the link is not specific to your computer.

This issue needs one to one interaction with the phone support team. Hence, I request you contact phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Joelbear5 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem on the same computer model.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18220 18170 1483 2517
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Joelbear5

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you have issues charging your HP Spectre x360 with the USB Type-C charger,

If you've already gone through the description posted by the last tech we can proceed further, if you haven't? Click here for information.

That said, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many others: Click here (something to consider)

If the port isn't detected any device it's probably a USB port failure: Click here to diagnose.

If it's detected devices but doesn't charge, I'll need more details such as:

What is the Product name and number of your computer?
which OS do you have installed?

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Joelbear5 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually I have the HP Spectre x360 15 bl0012. 

This was all related to the very first boot up of the device (brand new out of box).

I uninstalled the USB root hub drivers and restarted to force reinstallation. The USB-C power cable was recognized, however it starts charging and 2-5 seconds later the USB connection disconnects, stops charging, power profile changes to battery (e.g. screen dims) and within a second it reconnects and starts charging again. This sounds like a bug with the current USB drivers.

It seems to charge consistently when off or in sleep mode.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18220 18170 1483 2517
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Joelbear5

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

For starters, I recommend you update the BIOS using the HP Support site: Click here for the details.

Also to ensure or narrow it down to which part or cable is faulty, please try with an alternate charger cable to be sure.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
wow08816 Tutor
Tutor
17 9 1 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My problem unit is a Spectre x360 15 AP052NR  Windows 10 Home 64bit.  It fails to charge on USB-C port using charger from my Spectre x360 13 W023DX.  THe USB-C appears to be semi-working in that it recognizes some USB-C devices.  I connected a USB-C mini dock. It sees the mouse and keyboard but fails to transmit video to monitor.  This same USB-C mini dock works flawlessly with my other Spectre X360 13 W023DX laptop.  (same OS).

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18220 18170 1483 2517
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wow08816

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand the USB-Type C charger works intermittently, in other words, semi-working,

Since you've pretty much confirmed that this is a hardware failure, considering the fact that you've connected the USB-C mini dock to another PC and it works fine while it doesn't on this PC.

I recommend you Contact HP to set up a hardware service to have it repaired/replaced:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation