Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 04RA2QM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Want to upgrade my Spectre X360 from 512 GB to 2TB, will the below or similar product fit my Spectre?

How to "copy" existing SSD content to a new SSD?

Enhedsnavn    DESKTOP-04RA2QM

Produktnavn: HP Spectre x360 Convertible

Produkt-id       00325-95908-46347-AAOEM

Processor        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz   2.59 GHz

Installeret RAM                        8,00 GB

Systemtype     64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor

Pen og touch  Understøttelse af pen og touch med 10 touchpunkter

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59 GHz
Installeret RAM 8,00 GB
Enheds-id C22AC672-2E53-4D0A-91D3-3399A0DD0A98
Systemtype 64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor
Pen og touch Understøttelse af pen og touch med 10 touchpunkter

Western Digital WDS200T2B0B 2TB SATA Solid State Drive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DESKTOP-04RA2QM

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

As per the Service Manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04807803.pdf, the max SSD drive tested on the product is 512 GB. 

Installing 2 GB SSD might work but HP cannot guarantee the functionality or performance 

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DESKTOP-04RA2QM

I would like to help

To assist you better please provide me with the Product Number or the complete Notebook Model

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product number T1M46EA#UUW

HP Recommended

@DESKTOP-04RA2QM

I would like to help

As per the Service Manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04807803.pdf, the max SSD drive tested on the product is 512 GB. 

Installing 2 GB SSD might work but HP cannot guarantee the functionality or performance 

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are bios and the motherboard giving restrictions on size of SSD?

Does the suggested SSD fit in insted of the old one?

HP Recommended

It's likely to be a BIOS restrictions

HP Consumer Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features are locked by default. 

This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.