PeterHEAT4 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP v150w usb flash drive comming up as write protected

HP v150w

I bought this usb memory stick for my Sony smart TV. I formated it on my laptop ok but it has never worked and I thought it was the TV. However when I now check in any pc it comes up as write protected. I bought it about 9 months ago from WH Smith in Morpeth. The manager is refusing to change it because it is against there returns policy of 28 days and I should contact HP.  Internet research shows this "write Protected" to be a common problem. It seems impossible to find a number to actually speak to anyone in HP

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
9470 9467 882 2551
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is a thread concerning the same problem.  The solution is found here and discussed HERE.

http://www.pny.com.tw/index.php?cls=2&mode=download

See if that solves the problem - BTW: they claim the HP flash drives are made by PNY

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
PeterHEAT4 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your swift reply and as a volunteer!. I have now run into my next problem. The downloaded file comes up with an application A! Recovery but does not find the loaded USB stick recognised by the sytem as HP v150w

HP USB recovery 2.JPG

HP USB recovery 1.JPG

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9470 9467 882 2551
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Interesting.  Which one did you try, as there are several to choose from on that link.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation