02-11-2014 09:39 PM
I have an HPE-310T Pavillion with a bad drive. Thought I'd upgrade to a 3TB drive (3TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive), but the BIOS is not recognizing anything but 750GB. I don't see any BIOS updates anywhere on the support website. Ideas, suggestions?
02-12-2014 12:37 AM
Please read the following article:
Please also check the following information to fix:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
02-12-2014 10:48 PM
Thanks for the response, but as the post indicated... this is a BIOS issue. I'm aware of the 2TB limitations at the OS layer, but the BIOS should have some recognition. It doesn't. The drive is recognized in other systems, but not this one. And I do not see any firmware updates for this model, whatsoever. Additional thoughts?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot