06-25-2014 03:42 PM
recently my HP laptop stopped working. It doesn't boot into Windows and gives me a Hard Drive error message. Detailed error would be Hard Disk 1 (3F1)
When I run the Hard Drive Extended diagnostics, the progress runs up to 20% and then fails. It still passes the Smart Check.
I have no idea what to do, could it be a motherboard connection problem or just the Hard drive?
Hoping for suggestions, Corporato.
06-26-2014 04:07 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand there is an issue with the primary hard disk. The error indicates that the hard disk is failing. I would contact HP phone support for assistance.
You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot