03-13-2018 11:06 AM
I have an external hard drive ( a new one) and it works fine on other computers, but when I try to access it on my laptop it says "Location is not available. E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied'.
I guess that the origin of that error is a permission issue, and I tried all the conventional ways (for example this guide - https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/external-hard-drive-access-denied.html tried many similar guides also with no success)
I tried to reset the permission configurations from CMD and such but I always get a deny error.
even tried to download some programs that should give me a permission but it didn't work.
I think that the main problem is that the main user isn't recognized as an admin..
03-14-2018 06:20 AM
Check device manager and make sure there are no unknown devices when the External Hard Drive is plugged in. I would also recommand trying a clean boot to see if some kind of software is stopping you from accessing the hard drive.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot