Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)

Hard Drive Error

Product Name: Pro Book 430 G4
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I have an external hard drive ( a new one) and it works fine on other computers, but when I try to access it on my laptop it says "Location is not available. E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied'.
I guess that the origin of that error is a permission issue, and I tried all the conventional ways (for example this guide - https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/external-hard-drive-access-denied.html tried many similar guides also with no success)

I tried to reset the permission configurations from CMD and such but I always get a deny error.
even tried to download some programs that should give me a permission but it didn't work.

I think that the main problem is that the main user isn't recognized as an admin..
any help?

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

Re: Hard Drive Error

Check device manager and make sure there are no unknown devices when the External Hard Drive is plugged in.  I would also recommand trying a clean boot to see if some kind of software is stopping you from accessing the hard drive.

Please remember to select the answer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation