Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion eg000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have an HP Pavilion 15T-EG000 laptop. I was trying to do a fresh install of windows on it using a USB drive. When I reach the point where I need to select the drive to install on to, I don't see any drives at all. Though obviously there is an SSD in there. I am able to boot into the existing Windows and use it normally. Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SparHawk13 

If you can boot into Windows on the SSD and it works OK, then why are you trying to force a new install of Widows? You do this, you will blow away the HP drivers and the laptop won't work properly after that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I am not really looking to re install windows. Earlier I was trying to upgrade my SSD from 250 to 500GB and I faced this same issue. And i had let it go thinking it was an issue with the new SSD. But then I just tried it with my existing SSD and it still doesnt show me the hard disk. 

You do mention valid points and I understand what you have mentioned, but it still is an issue that my drive is not seen. Just because you dont see it or choose to ignore it for now, doesnt mean that the issue is solved. I would like to know if this is a reported issue or just something only I am seeing for some reason. 

HP Recommended

@SparHawk13 

OK, understand.  So, you have both an SSD and HDD in the laptop now? Are you booting from the HDD or the SDD?

What devices do you have connected when you are trying to install to the new SSD?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.