Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hard Drive Not Found

HP Recommended
Pavilion eg000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have an HP Pavilion 15T-EG000 laptop. I was trying to do a fresh install of windows on it using a USB drive. When I reach the point where I need to select the drive to install on to, I don't see any drives at all. Though obviously there is an SSD in there. I am able to boot into the existing Windows and use it normally. Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
28,474 28,394 2,600 6,232
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SparHawk13 

If you can boot into Windows on the SSD and it works OK, then why are you trying to force a new install of Widows? You do this, you will blow away the HP drivers and the laptop won't work properly after that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not really looking to re install windows. Earlier I was trying to upgrade my SSD from 250 to 500GB and I faced this same issue. And i had let it go thinking it was an issue with the new SSD. But then I just tried it with my existing SSD and it still doesnt show me the hard disk. 

You do mention valid points and I understand what you have mentioned, but it still is an issue that my drive is not seen. Just because you dont see it or choose to ignore it for now, doesnt mean that the issue is solved. I would like to know if this is a reported issue or just something only I am seeing for some reason. 

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
28,474 28,394 2,600 6,232
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SparHawk13 

OK, understand.  So, you have both an SSD and HDD in the laptop now? Are you booting from the HDD or the SDD?

What devices do you have connected when you are trying to install to the new SSD?

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation