09-10-2016 02:33 AM
I receive a Smart Drive error of "Immanent Failure, back-up immediately"... and of course its been telling me this for close to 2yrs now. my Question is this, "Is my Hard Drive covered under its manufacturers warranty or HP's warranty?". My Laptop is no longer warranted by HP but the manufacturer has a 5yr. warranty on its internal hard drives and my hard drive isn't 5yrs old yet. The HHD I'm referring to came installed within my laptop at the time I purchased it. Anything else you need to know? Thank you.
Solved! View Solution.
09-10-2016 08:24 AM
Only the drive manufacturer can tell you whether or not your drive is covered under their warranty.
You will have to contact them directly as HP has no role to play in that.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
09-10-2016 05:48 PM
Great! Thanks for the quick come back. Your answer is kind of what I thought I'd have to do. Unfortunately, I've been at HGST's web site and it's really hard to get anywhere on it. I keep going in circles :-] Thanks again, JD.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot