12-04-2016 12:29 AM
I ran disagnostics on my hard drive as my computer started running slow and it failed a Hard Drive Short DST Check. The Failure ID if it helps is GK0HVK-7AD8AJ-MFPV7F-60XN03. I really want to get to the bottom of this issue as my computer is a necessity of life for me as a student.
12-04-2016 05:14 AM
The hard drive will need replacement. Are you under warranty? This is the Service Manual if not:
See page 66 of the Manual. Replacement requires removing quite a few screws, but is otherwise pretty straightforward.
Your model has a 1TB 5400 rpm SATA drive
This is a chance to install something a bit faster: a 7200 rpm mechanical, hybrid or solid state drive in increasing order of speed and cost.
This would be an exact replacement for you:
But, as I said there are better options. If you need help with data and software migration/reinstallation let us know. Windows 10 is easy to reinstall since you can just download it from Microsoft. Do you have a backup of your data?
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot