Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
When i did the hard drive short and optimized dst chech in the component test to check whether hard disk is functioning well by using HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS UEFI in my hp pavilion 15 -e009tu laptop it showed "warning " for both short and optimized checks. My hard disk was replaced fiew weeks before because of some issues. If warning is there... what to do... ?
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Gameji....

Welcome aboard...

I would suggest to be cautious and proceed as following:-

1. Backup ur essential data immediately on to an external drive.
  2. Check for the manufacturer of the HardDisk using Control Panel>>Device Manager
  3. Go online at the manufacturer's web site and look for their diagnostic tools; it must be something like SMART check utility.
  4. Altrnatively u may download following, run CrystalDiskInfo, see what is shows for smart data, this is a portable version that does not install anything on your PC, just runs from the folder you unzip it to.

Crystal Disk Info.zip

5. Find out the exact cause of the warning and proceed as deem appropriate...

Please let me know if u feel stuck or in case some problem

Hope this helps....

Best Regards...

Moodi

I do not work for HP and The suggestions are purely my own expression .....!

Best Regards

Moodi
HP Recommended
First of all.. thank u for ur immediate reply. as u sent a link... to download one application called CRYSTAL DISK INFO 5.0.2 and i ran it. it displayed the hard disk information... health status : caution and.. many attribute names showed blue icon. but two of them showed yellow icon . i don't understand what they are. i am adding those details. give a perfect solution for my problem. so here the details are.. which showed the yellow icons... ID ATTRIBUTE NAME CURRENT WORST THRESHOLD RAW VALUES 05 Reallocated Sectors Count 100 100 5 000000020010 C5 Current Pending Sector Count 100 100 0 000000000018 so .. if u want any more details about the hard disk... tell me what to do... my hard disk details which displayed by the application firmware : GG2OA7A0 serial number : TEJ51151139CXJ51P interface : Serial ATA
HP Recommended

[Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I am sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information.]

thank u for ur immediate reply. i have attached the screen of the application ur suggested me to download and run in my system. please take a look and explain me what is the defect... and tell me what to do...

i am waiting for ur kind reply. thank u  .

HP Recommended

Hi Gameji...

I  'm sorry for a bit delayed response....

The report as i've seen from the screen shot 'MIGHT' be an indicator of a likely / expected failure. Please go through the details on following weikipedia link:- 

Details of S.M.A.R.T on Wikipedia

My Immediate suggestions would be:-

1.      Back up ur   IMPORTANT  data immediately on external device,  (so that u don't loose all of it) 

2.      Back up ur remaining data, if u think it is also necessary BUT PRIORITY ONE >> IMP DATA

3.      If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

4.      If you live in another part of the world, start here>>Contact HP

5.      It is always good to make recovery media, for use in future; so do it if u haven't done so far.

6.      Temperature reported also seem to be on higher side, so u might also check ur environments.

7.      Temperature problem might also be due to dusty air vents of ur note book.

Please be mindful of the following points as well:-

• Never reveal personally identifiable information on these forums; Ur drive serial no is visible in screen shot att.
  • Please REMOVE the screen shot.
  • If u req to share such info, use PM...! How....?   READ HERE
  • Be sure that SMART attributes are used by manufacturers in different ways, so need not to panic; just be cautious...!

Hope this helps....

Moodi

I do not work for HP and The suggestions are purely my own expression .....!

Best Regards

Moodi
HP Recommended

Hi @Gameji ,

Can you upload another image without the serial number? It's best to keep that to yourself. :catwink:

Best,

Russ

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

CRYSTAL DISK INFO SCREENSHOT - Copy.JPG

IS THIS IMAGE ENOUGH FOR U SIR ??

HP Recommended
Hello guys, when I try to turn on my hp it will charge, but doesn't enter to the dekstop... I maid the diagnosis and the long dsg said is failed and on the second diagnosis whrite warning and now on the 3° diagnosis write not installed... how I can repair then?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.