09-14-2014 08:52 PM
09-15-2014 12:19 AM
I would suggest to be cautious and proceed as following:-
- Backup ur essential data immediately on to an external drive.
- Check for the manufacturer of the HardDisk using Control Panel>>Device Manager
- Go online at the manufacturer's web site and look for their diagnostic tools; it must be something like SMART check utility.
- Altrnatively u may download following, run CrystalDiskInfo, see what is shows for smart data, this is a portable version that does not install anything on your PC, just runs from the folder you unzip it to.
- Find out the exact cause of the warning and proceed as deem appropriate...
Please let me know if u feel stuck or in case some problem
Hope this helps....
09-16-2014 07:18 AM
09-16-2014 07:34 AM - last edited on 09-17-2014 12:28 PM by Russel-E
[Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I am sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information.]
thank u for ur immediate reply. i have attached the screen of the application ur suggested me to download and run in my system. please take a look and explain me what is the defect... and tell me what to do...
i am waiting for ur kind reply. thank u .
09-16-2014 02:28 PM
I 'm sorry for a bit delayed response....
The report as i've seen from the screen shot 'MIGHT' be an indicator of a likely / expected failure. Please go through the details on following weikipedia link:-
My Immediate suggestions would be:-
1. Back up ur IMPORTANT data immediately on external device, (so that u don't loose all of it)
2. Back up ur remaining data, if u think it is also necessary BUT PRIORITY ONE >> IMP DATA
3. If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
- Never reveal personally identifiable information on these forums; Ur drive serial no is visible in screen shot att.
- Please REMOVE the screen shot.
- If u req to share such info, use PM...! How....? READ HERE
- Be sure that SMART attributes are used by manufacturers in different ways, so need not to panic; just be cautious...!
Hope this helps....
05-18-2016 03:45 AM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot