Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook x2 - 10-p010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hard drive died and it will not boot into it. The screen is also cracked (glass only). 
I opened it up but could not find the hard drive anywhere (even looked  for m2), any suggestions on replacing hard drive and getting a replacement screen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to boot into the Windows 10 OS Install USB by using Rufus with GPT Scheme and UEFI(Non-CSM) settings. It was quite tricky to get it all this time but it looks like I won't need to change the storage at all. Laptop is working and doing updates.

Still need a glass screen though. Took a couples hours to get to this point but it was definitely worth it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ace-Nick 

HDD should be at the base (dock). Please use the following manual (page 42) which shows you how to replace HDD

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773.pdf

Page 28 shows you information for its screen.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So I removed the bottom cover. I dont see anything for a hard drive. Is the docking board considered to be the hard drive (for models without a hard drive?) So would I need to buy a new docking board to fix the hard drive problem? 

Docking board (models without a hard drive)
Description Spare part number
Docking board (models without a hard drive) 902371-001
Before disassembling the dock, follow this step:
▲ Remove the bottom cover (see Bottom cover on page 40).
Remove the docking board:
1. Disconnect the keyboard cable from the docking board (1).
2. Disconnect the touchpad cable from the docking board (2).
3. Remove the two Phillips PM2.0×2.0 screws (3) that secure the board to the doc.
4. Remove the docking board from the dock (4)productImage.jpg

HP Recommended

Or would I have to buy a new system board (motherboard) to fix the hard drive issue. Because I think the storage is embed into the system board. 

It would make more sense to get a new system board.....Thanks

HP Recommended

I was able to boot into the Windows 10 OS Install USB by using Rufus with GPT Scheme and UEFI(Non-CSM) settings. It was quite tricky to get it all this time but it looks like I won't need to change the storage at all. Laptop is working and doing updates.

Still need a glass screen though. Took a couples hours to get to this point but it was definitely worth it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.