cancel
Cieran2495 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk 1 (301) error, replacement hard disk.

HP Pavillion 17-f010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this error for a long time on start up and often the laptop will crash. From reading other forums it is likely I need to replace my hard disk/ hard drive. I need guidance on the correct hard disk/drive to replace my existing one. 

Thanks

Cieran

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
39303 39118 6055 10538
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard disk 1 (301) error, replacement hard disk.

Here's the Service manual:

Manual

Supports 6.35 cm (2.5 in) hard drives in 9.5 mm (.37 in) and 7.0 mm (.28 in) thicknesses (all hard drives use the same bracket)

See p. 105 for "how to" but on this model it is a pretty involved job to open it up and replace the hard drive. 

https://www.amazon.com/HGST-Travelstar-2-5-Inch-Internal-0J22423/dp/B00B4QESVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

Above is a good mechanical hard drive. You have several options which get faster as they get more expensive. You can get a hybrid (sshd) drive or a solid state drive. The performance increase from a solid state drive is something to behold. 

We can also walk you through software reinstallation which is easy if you have HP restore disks and still pretty easy if you have Windows 10 on your laptop activated and licensed. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation