12-03-2011 12:09 AM
I have a hp pavilion dv6 6119tx(under warranty).There is a grinding like noise coming from the hard disk.I did the hardisk BIOS test.It returned no errors.Is that a noise normal?will there be any future issue?
12-03-2011 12:13 AM
Is this a new sound that has started or a sound that has always been there? Most laptop hdds sounds are more noticeable than a desktop since they are in closer proximity to user and mine has a small activity sound emiiting most of the time. However any unusual grinding or clicking can indicate hdd starting to fail.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot