Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My D drive keeps going off line. It just stops being recognized by the laptop. Requires a restart for it to appear again. Is it the drive or the drivers? Happened twice in the last 24hrs. Once while playing WoW and this morning while booting!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Bruce_145 

What is the Model of the HDD???

To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop???

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

REO

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS

HP Recommended

The HD is a HGST HTS721010A9E630 1TB

The laptop model is HP Omen 15-dc0xxxx  Product: 3UK57UA#ABA

I can be doing anyhting and all of a sudden it is gone. It requires a reboot to have it show up again. This morning it failed on boot! The HP diagnostics came up and didn't find anything wrong. I've run just about every diagnostic that HP has and nothing. The problem is getting more frequent since the last two occurrances happened in one day. It has been happening about every two days for the past month.

HP Recommended

Just happened again. I guess that I need to contact HP customer service to replace the drive under warranty. This is really making me think that I should have purchased the Alienware or Dell gaming laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.