Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

Hard drive short DST check: failed

Product Name: HP pavilion G6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello HP support forum
The other night my pc randomly stopped working, the system diag said

Hard drive short DST check: failed
Failure ID: 9U2MVW-6JJ890-MFPWW1-60R203
Product ID: D1C03UA#ABL

After a quick search it would appear that I might need a new hard drive, is that the case? How do I know what type of hard drive to buy?

Side note, the night it died the girlfriend had turned on a humidifier which had sat in the room with the computer. The computer was turned off the whole time but I didn't realize it was in the room till the next day. Could there be a chance this would be more just a hard drive? The diag won't run past hard drive DST check.
0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: Hard drive short DST check: failed

Hi,

Sadly to say, the HDD on your machine failed. The following link shows its specs:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03663774

You can replace larger (capatity) and faster HDD. Any standard 2.5" SATA HDD on the market today can do the job. You need Recovery media to rebuild your machine. Did you create one ? Otherwise, please try:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Hard drive short DST check: failed

Hey Banhien
thanks for your help, just one more thought. Not a problem replacing the hard drive but as far as recovering the operating system. Looks like I'm going to be purchasing a new OS like windows 10. I have no recovery disk and supposedly there might be a windows 8 key somewhere on the mother board but I wasn't given anything else with the computer. If I just buy window 10 do I need to load things like audio drivers and graphic drivers? Because the ones offered to me on HPs website specifically say "version: windows 8". Do I use these on my new copy of Windows 10 or is there drives for windows 10?

thanks for you time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation