Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

The touch pad (Mouse)  is skipping.  It doesn't  allow  browsing , typing  or any work.  Once it start skipping,  the Cursor  hangs, the  system  freezes for  quiet some  times before it start  responding.   The skipping  process  does  displace  many icons  and menus at the same time covering the entire screen.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SABAATU

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the touchpad moves and clicks on its own causing issues around the desktop screen,
don't worry as I will be able to help you out, although, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

• Does this happen only with the browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome (if yes, which browser are you using)?
  • Have you made any recent updates to your computer, software or hardware related?
  • When was the last time it worked fine (date)?

Check the Mouse options under control panel:

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.
Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."
Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

SABAATU

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the touchpad moves and clicks on its own causing issues around the desktop screen,
don't worry as I will be able to help you out, although, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

• Does this happen only with the browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome (if yes, which browser are you using)?
  • Have you made any recent updates to your computer, software or hardware related?
  • When was the last time it worked fine (date)?

Check the Mouse options under control panel:

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.
Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."
Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle, 

Thank you  for the support, will try  the options and get back to you.

Saba'atu

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle, 

This is to let you know that  i have made some attempt to resolve based on your suggestion but did not get the desired result, probably i did not follow the instruction very well.    However, I   found one technician who seems good to handle  the issue using  the suggestions you've provided.  

Based on this, i will be travelling to Jos, Nigeria  in the morning today to handover the laptop to the technician along with the printed copy of the suggestions so that he will follow it step by step and fix the issue.

I will provide feedback once he is through. 

Thank you 

Saba'atu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.