KayBanks Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Harddrive of new HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab269sa (ENERGY STAR) makes click noise every 5-10 minute

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab26
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just got HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab269sa (ENERGY STAR) 2 days ago and ever since, there's a click sound coming from the right side of my touch pad every 5-10 minutes. I thought it was the harddrive so I ran a long diagnostics test on the harddrive and it passed.
I tried downloading a silent HDD software and it only subsidised the amount of clicks I hear.
I don't know what to do cos the sound is really annoying
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Harddrive of new HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab269sa (ENERGY STAR) makes click noise every 5-10 minute

Greetings @KayBanks,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a clicking noise from the HDD. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you run HP Support Assistant on your computer?

Recommend you update BIOS and other drivers using HP Support Assistant. Click here

As you have already run a system test, I would recommend you run an extensive test on your computer. Click here

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
KayBanks Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey it passed the test and it says the hdd is in good health
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 919
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Recommend you contact our phone support or take the computer to any service center like BestBuy to have it checked. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation