Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion G4
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i have two ram sticks of 2-2gb installed in my laptop. In system properties it show 4gb of ram but only 1.48gb of usuable. And in taskmanager it shows Hardware Reserved memory 2.8gb. i tried for maximum memory option in system configuration but it is not working and also i am not able to get in advance bios setting of my hp pavillion g4, bios: insydeh20 rev3.5

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Anubhav5, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports up to 8GB RAM. The frequency has to same  DDR3/1333-MHz.

For more information Refer to page 11 Maintenance and Service Guide link

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.