Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardware issue on laptop hinge

HP Envy 13

Hi there, 

My Envy Laptop has over a year of use development a slight curve to the bottom of the wraping left corner of the screen, which impacts the ability to open the screen. Due to the nature of the bevel, opening the screen now forces the bottom casing away from the top of the keyboard panel, separating the two more depending casingissue.jpgon how open the screen is. This is only occurung on one side of the device. It is also creatiing a serious bend in the keyboard panel. Advice for what to do next?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
HannahM901 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

--

0 Kudos
2,638 2,588 157 477
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HannahM901

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation