Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP envy m7 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP envy m7 notebook with 16gb ram equipped with intel i7 processor. However the gpu is of old series Nvidia GeForce 940m 2gb. I want to upgrade my GPU. Is it possible with this laptop? I would also like to have an SSD installed on my laptop. Is that possible or not?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Deval_Patel Welcome to HP Community!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however, the GPU cannot be upgraded on the laptop, since its integrated to the motherboard, the only way you can change the GPU is by changing the entire system/motherboard as well, and that could get rather expensive, perhaps, you can tell me why you need to upgrade and we can work on sorting that out, instead.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can we know the full model number of the laptop? We can use that information to figure out if there are any compatible motherboards with anything stronger than the nVidia 940m (likely not) and see if there is an SSD we can recommend that would be compatible (likely there is but need to see what kind). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.