Deval_Patel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardware

HP envy m7 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP envy m7 notebook with 16gb ram equipped with intel i7 processor. However the gpu is of old series Nvidia GeForce 940m 2gb. I want to upgrade my GPU. Is it possible with this laptop? I would also like to have an SSD installed on my laptop. Is that possible or not?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,154 21,109 1,774 2,853
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardware

@Deval_Patel Welcome to HP Community!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however, the GPU cannot be upgraded on the laptop, since its integrated to the motherboard, the only way you can change the GPU is by changing the entire system/motherboard as well, and that could get rather expensive, perhaps, you can tell me why you need to upgrade and we can work on sorting that out, instead.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Level 17
Level 17
40,563 40,350 6,327 11,024
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hardware

Can we know the full model number of the laptop? We can use that information to figure out if there are any compatible motherboards with anything stronger than the nVidia 940m (likely not) and see if there is an SSD we can recommend that would be compatible (likely there is but need to see what kind). 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation