Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 n012tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey I have HP Pavilion 15 n012tx i replace hdd to ssd so i know that what protocol in my motherboar sata 2 or sata 3 my hard diask is sata 2 but in motherboad what protocol? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Its SATA-II 300 mbps but that does not mean you can't use an SSD or that it will not perform very well. On the contrary, the difference between SATA-II and SATA-III is not that great in ordinary operation and an SSD is still a very helpful upgrade. Good luck. Post back with any more questions. 

HP Recommended

My motherboard is sata 2????? Its 2014 model and i use sata 3 sdd full performence in sata 2 slot??????? 

HP Recommended

Means ssd sata 3 perform as sata 3 6gb/s speed in sata 2?

HP Recommended

sata 3 ssd is compatible with sata 2 3gb/s and sata 1.5gb/s.

HP Recommended

Exactly. All SATA is interoperational and will sync at the highest speed supported by all the hardware. Even though 2014 yes your motherboard is SATA 2. A SATA 3 drive will work but at 300 mbps. But its not the same as saying it will be half as fast. The top speed is only rarely achieved so in actual working operation SATA 2 is not that far below SATA 3. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.