Mse999
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hdmi port and laptop reseller

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello  I recently bought an hp x360 pavilion laptop from a laptop reseller here in tripoli libya (the laptop reseller isn't an authorised dealer but he deals with the main hp partner in libya) the reseller owns a respectable store in my town and people from my area have bought new devices from him which he resold from the official dealer because he sells their devices for them.

Anyhow after I bought my device I got it home and had it set up and hooked to my monitor using the hdmi port everything seemed to work initially but when I disconnected my hdmi cable my laptop display started flickering with white bars appearing in the middle I restarted the laptop twice and the same problem occurred I restarted the laptop a third time and everything went back to normal and it seems to work fine until I connect it to my monitor.

Then the same problem happens again and it won't stop until I restart my laptop two to three times.

I contacted two days after this happened I brought him the laptop, he refused to give me a repair or a refund and he claims that laptops are sensitive machines and thr hdmi port isn't meant to be used.

My question is: is unsafe to use the hdmi port on my laptop or is the reseller making a mistake, thanks.

Note: I used to have an older laptop that I used for the last 5 years and hooked to my monitor using hdmi with absolutely no problems.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation