09-12-2019 10:36 AM
Hi. I don't really know what my laptop will have but whenever I turn it on the fan makes a lot of noise. It is not a noise caused by dust accumulation, I have already verified that. It is a very strange noise ... I say it that way because when disarming it the noise does not exist, everything works normally, but when assembling it is where the problem begins. It's like if the fan hit something when it works. Could anyone help me please. :c
09-16-2019 07:10 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629 If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
Click here https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439 Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee