Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17-ab007ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I want to buy ssd for my laptop.

But I can’t find out the exact information whether the chipset Intel HM170 in this model of laptop supports NWMe technology. And which connector should be: x2, x4.

And which of the connections do I need to choose: M, B and M & B?

Can anyone know? Or give a link?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@brovo4ka Here's all you need to know about the m.2 SSD tested and supported by your device:
(there are no specific details as to whether its x2, x4, MB, M or B, as HP doesn't support upgrade, however, I've listed what I could find, to help you out, personally, I suggest you check what works at the local tech store before purchasing anything, if you know what I mean)

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

For more details, visit the HP service and maintenance guide

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@brovo4ka Here's all you need to know about the m.2 SSD tested and supported by your device:
(there are no specific details as to whether its x2, x4, MB, M or B, as HP doesn't support upgrade, however, I've listed what I could find, to help you out, personally, I suggest you check what works at the local tech store before purchasing anything, if you know what I mean)

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

For more details, visit the HP service and maintenance guide

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.