Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-ab521tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to add one m.2 ssd drive in my laptop, is there is any m slot available in my laptop board? If it is possible share a mother board picture of this model. thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

From the service manual (found at hp.com via google search) the computer does have a M.2 slot :

"256 GB solid-state drive (SSD), M.2, TLC"

HP Recommended

How can we confirm M.2/PCE 3.0 available on mother board?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the wrong information, there is no m.2 port in my laptop mother board,

IMG_4812.jpg

HP Recommended

That’s unfortunate, perhaps someone from HP can comment on why the manual is incorrect?

HP Recommended

It is not incorrect you are just not reading it right. On this model M.2 can only be used with an adapter sled and connector cable in place of the hard drive. There are several model like this and it is a common error to read the Manual, see an M.2 mentioned and assume that means there is an M.2 "slot". Understandable but still wrong. Look for an actual image of an M.2 slot or a statement that "dual storage" is possible meaning a 2.5 inch disk and an M.2 SSD. 

HP Recommended

Is that possible to add an m.2 hdd on the above mother board, if it is possible please share part details/part no to add m.2 ssd. I will purchase it from hp add to my mother board. As per the service manual there is an m.2 port is available on the mother board but i couldn't  find out any m.2 slot on my laptop mother board.

HP Recommended

install uefi diagnostic tool to initialize what devices you have installed and also you can view the empty slots you have.then upgrade as you need.

HP Recommended

Any update?

HP Recommended

Update to what? There is no M.2 slot and the Manual does not even list the parts you would need to adapt an M.2 into the 2.5 inch bay. So understand the only way to have an M.2 would be in lieu of the hard drive. And it would be SATA M.2 anyway which is no faster than a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. And for that you need no adapter. So M.2 on this machine is not really a good idea. Sorry you got steered the wrong way at the outset. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.