Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15q-dy0008AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP 15q-dy0008AU with Windows 10 (64-bit). I want to install a m.2 ssd into laptop as my laptop has a dedicated m.2 slot. But there is no information on internet about what is the maximum supported size for ssd on this particular model.

So, How to find maximum supported size of ssd for HP 15q-dy0008AU ?

(Extra Information - When wim is used to check motherboard information in Windows 10, it displays manufacturer as HP and product as 84AE.)

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@EliteKnight,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the maximum supported SSD on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The maximum supported SSD on your computer is 512GB. Refer to the below service guide for detailed information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06267280

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.

I am also using HP 15q-dy008AU. This laptop contain a SATA III 1TB HDD by default, can I replace this SATA III HDD with 500 GB/1 TB SATA III SSD ? This laptop also have a empty M.2 slot, do this slot support NVMe ? If yes, Can I use 500 GB NVMe SSD in that M.2 slot ? Now can I use two SSDs simultaneously ( One in SATA III slot and One in M.2 slot) ?

The link to manual is broken.

HP Recommended

@NappingOutlaw,

Yes, you can install an SSD and you keep the hard drive on the computer.

I am able to access the service manual and I recommend you try again and let me know if you are unable to access the link.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I saw the manual. The manual is for HP ENVY x360 15 Convertible PC. I think question mentioned wrong product - the actual product is HP 15q-dy0008AU . Can you please tell me if I can use SATA III SSD and M.2 NVMe SSD simultaneously on HP 15q-dy0008AU ( i.e replace SATA III HDD with SATA III SSD and use SATA III SSD, M.2 NVMe SSD at the same time in laptop)? And if yes, what should be their max capacity?

HP Recommended

@NappingOutlaw,

Please help me with the product number of your computer to provide you with an accurate solution.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Model No. is Hp15q-dy0008AU and Product ID is 6AQ35PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

@NappingOutlaw

Thank you for the information.

Your computer doesn't support dual hard drive configuration. Refer to the below service guide for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06267280

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How is that possible ? My laptop has a empty M.2 slot. My laptop should support two storage devices at same time. Now the questions are - 

1)Can I use empty M.2 slot to use a NVMe SSD (also mention maximum size supported by device)?

2)Is it possible use a SSD in SATA III slot (also mention maximum size supported by device)?

3)Does motherboard of device support dual SSDs ? If yes, mention the configuration.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245081 

I think above link is the correct link for manual of my device . Please check and confirm.

HP Recommended

@NappingOutlaw
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, its not possible to use SATA drive slot for SSD. 

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.