Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 250 g5 w4m57ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp 250 g5 w4m57ea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can remove the 2 GB bar and install an 8 GB bar.

The 'non customer accessible/upgradeable' statement means that HP wants the memory upgrades done by an authorized service center.

If you feel you can do the upgrade yourself without breaking anything in the process, you can do so.

Just follow the procedure in the manual for best results. 

Yes, buy a 2.5" SSD in a storage capacity size you can live with.

That will definitely help performance a lot.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model Intel processor does it have?

HP Recommended

ProcessorIntel® Celeron® N3060 with Intel HD Graphics 400 (1.6 GHz, up to 2.48 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores) 

can I add a SSD to this laptop because it’s running very slow?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not have any M.2 slots to add a SSD, but you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD, and that would work just as well, since the models that came with M.2 SSD's were SATA only.

While you're in there, you may want to consider maxing out the memory to 8 GB by replacing the 4 GB memory bar with an 8 GB memory bar.  Your notebook only has one memory slot.

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory bar.

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial RU

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the hard drive and memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP Notebook PC (Intel) * Models: 15-ay000 – 15-ay099 * Models: 15-ay100 – 15-ay199HP 250 G5 Notebook...

HP Recommended

Look at this specifications  Sir!

Operating system FreeDOS 2.0 Processor family
  • Intel® Celeron® processor
Processor Intel® Celeron® N3060 with Intel HD Graphics 400 (1.6 GHz, up to 2.48 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores) Processor technology Intel® vPro™ Technology Chipset Intel® SoC (chipset is integrated with processor) Environmental
  • Low halogen
Dimensions (W x D x H) 38.43 x 25.46 x 2.43 cm Weight Starting at 1.96 kg
(Weight will vary by configuration.) Memory
  • 2 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 2 GB)
Memory slots 2 SODIMM slots, non customer accessible/upgradeable (models with Intel® Core™ i7-6500U. i5-6200U, i3-5005U processors); 1 SODIMM slot, non customer accessible/upgradeable (models with Intel® Pentium® N3710, Intel® Celeron® N3060 processors) Internal drive 500 GB 5400 rpm SATA Optical drive
  • DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL
Display
  • 39.6 cm (15.6″) diagonal HD SVA anti-glare slim LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Graphics Integrated:
Intel® HD Graphics 400 Ports
  • 1 USB 3.0
  • 2 USB 2.0
  • 1 VGA
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 headphone/microphone combo jack
  • 1 AC power
  • 1 RJ-45
Expansion slots
  • 1 multi-format digital media reader

(supports SD, SDHC, SDXC)

HP Recommended

Hi:

Notebooks with the Intel Celeron processors only have one memory slot.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | hp business notebooks | HP 250 G5 (Intel Celeron/Pentium N...

Memory

Maximum memory: 8GB

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

Slots: 1 (1 bank of 1)

Standard memory: 4GB removable

HP Recommended

thank you but mine have 2gb ram can I change it to 8gb?

HP Recommended

Sorry Sir for disturbing it’s just because I really need this pc 

what if I decide to change HDD to SSD  will that work?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can remove the 2 GB bar and install an 8 GB bar.

The 'non customer accessible/upgradeable' statement means that HP wants the memory upgrades done by an authorized service center.

If you feel you can do the upgrade yourself without breaking anything in the process, you can do so.

Just follow the procedure in the manual for best results. 

Yes, buy a 2.5" SSD in a storage capacity size you can live with.

That will definitely help performance a lot.

HP Recommended

Неllo!

Can I remove a dvd drive and install 2.5 ssd so as to have two hdd and ssd together?

thanks in advance you really helped me even yesterday.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.