Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp6910p
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi there. Would a Kingston A400 SSD fit and be compatible with my hp6910p laptop? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It will fit, but I have no idea if it will work.

I can tell you that an Intel 535 SSD fits and works in the 6910p, because I installed one in mine and it works great.

Intel no longer makes that model drive anymore, and they have moved on to the Intel 540s series.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

It will fit, but I have no idea if it will work.

I can tell you that an Intel 535 SSD fits and works in the 6910p, because I installed one in mine and it works great.

Intel no longer makes that model drive anymore, and they have moved on to the Intel 540s series.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul .

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but SSD's were not supported in the 6910p, which was why I decided to experiment with an Intel SSD, since the notebook has an Intel chipset and drive controller.

HP Recommended

They are both very similar SSD 's so i will give it a try anyway.

HP Recommended

Your intel ssd ia sata 3 is that correct?

HP Recommended

Yes, I agree, and you can get that model in 120 GB for $30 bucks on Amazon.  What a deal.

If it doesn't work, put it in a newer model notebook.

Yes, the Intel 535 is SATA III, but your notebook will only run a SATA III drive at the SATA II speed, because that is all the Mobile Intel 965 chipset can handle.

Still makes a world of difference.

I also installed 2 x 4 GB of memory in mine when you could still get a pair of 4 GB memory chips for $60 bucks.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, just another question, when you sitched to SSD, does the pc still boot from the harddrive?  ie.....is the BIOS the same?  Thanks , Jase

HP Recommended

Hi, Jase:

All I did was to swap out the mechanical hard drive for the SSD, boot from the OS installation DVD, and install windows.

I didn't have to do anything else.  I made no changes to or in the BIOS, etc.

Totally normal operation.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks very much for your help Paul , cheers,  Jase.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.