Honor Student
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hinge fell off and screen coming apart

HP 17” laptop

I have a 2 year old 17” HP laptop and the hinge fell off and the screen is literally coming apart. The screen won’t work now but the computer seems to run fine . I can’t open it as the screen will come apart so it’s not useable.! It’s never been dropped..

i know this has been a recurring problem with HP laptops. I want to have it fixed. Is it fixable? I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars fixing though 

1 REPLY 1
18,695 14,021 293 1,096
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hinge fell off and screen coming apart

@AndreaJF

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation