Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My college age daughter was attempting to close her 2 in 1 screen after she had been drawing on it, and all of a sudden the hinge just popped thru the screen on the right side, and two screws popped out of the gap in the screen with material around them. She has always been very careful about how she moves the display back and forth, and the sudden damage created by what seems to be a faulty hinge surprised and frightened her.

Looking thru the history on this support page, it seems this is a recurring issue for this model, and I am wondering if there are any recalls, or information on material defects. I have an extended warranty I could use to replace the laptop, but they are stating they can only replace it if I can have something stating this is a defect of some kind. I took the laptop to an HP approved repair shop in town, and they gave me estimates on the repair, but said that they can't state/determine if its a defect issue, and I have to contact HP. This forum seems to be the only place to do so. 

I have been a long time HP customer, and have never had an experience like this with HP hardware. I would hate for something like this to be the end of our relationship, but this whole process has been frustrating, and seems like it should have never happened if this laptop had been as sturdy as it should have been. 

Can someone please help me with this situation? What can HP do to make this right?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@maxzmiz

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, I will accept the solution here when I hear from the Case Manager. 

HP Recommended

I am having this exact issues, problem here for me is this is a computer I use for work and had to travel to stay with my mother who broke her hip as this is for my work this poses quite an issue for me! At this point unless I have a good resolution to this issue I will not even consider buying another HP product!!! A response from HP would really be appreciated!!

HP Recommended

I also have the same issue, we got this laptop  HP Pav x360 Convert 11m-ad113dx for my daughter and last week the left side hinge screw just popped up and broke the screen. I think this is an know issue with these laptops and would like to know whether there is any recalls for this. Also what are the part numbers so I can purchase this if HP is not able to help me  with this issue. I have HP Desktop and have other HP laptops which never had any issue with hinges. I'm looking forward to hear from you. Thanks

HP Recommended

DId they cover in warantty?  - For me they are saying that its not a known issue and would not be covered..there are so many similar cases on HP forum itself -- just strange why HP denies product quality issue.

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad, even though you said you would move this up the chain to have someone contact me, I have received 0 response from HP. I did just receive a Survey Monkey Survey in my private messages, but that is the only other response coming in there, and I have been pretty diligent about checking my email box for any responses related to HP coming directly from HP support. 

I am beginning to think I am getting the cold shoulder here. I left a similar review with the survey I was sent. Is there something you can do to get a response from HP? It seems there is not an effective way to contact them directly outside of this community forum. 

Is anyone listening out there, besides the others like me, trying to be heard?

HP Recommended

They have not contacted me back at all. I can probably get this to fall under the warranty extension my credit card provides, if they will admit that this could be faulty materials or defect of some kind, but since they are giving me the silent treatment I am not very hopeful so far. I have trusted in HP quality for a long time, and I am beginning to regret that this is how they are choosing to treat just responding to me. If the quality is going to go down, and the response is not there, there isn't much reason to do business with them in the future, is there? 

HP Recommended

I apologize @JDKTM, but the only information I got from the HP approved repair shop were SKUs for their shop, not specific HP part numbers, in the quote they gave me. 

HP Recommended

@krazytoad, Even i did not receive any call or email from HP..only thing I received was from.vendor a bill costing 1/3 of laptops price.It seems HP is using repair as a way of earning profitability! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.