cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hinges

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 830 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I called and talked to support. I sent pictures of the case being separated by the hinges. The hinges are  obviously loose.

I was told "Based on the photos we received, we have determined the cracked port and the piece on the base of the unit is the result of damage to the unit, not a manufacturing defect, therefor a repair on this unit would have to incur a charge as the unit does not have accidental damage protection included in the warranty." I disagree with this. HP has had a long history of faied hinges. I was offered that "If you are absolutely determined this should be covered, we can still send this unit to depot and let them determine if it should be covered, and if not you are able to decline service and get the unit back free of charge." I am the only one that uses this computer. Please HP don't blame the customer for your poor engineering.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation