Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just today I received my dvt-7000 Quad laptop and overall I'm thrilled with it.  However, my configuration should contain a 32GB mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache. I can't confirm this either through Speccy or even HP's own product info.  How can I confirm that this unit actually contains this upgrade?  I deliberated rather or not to spend the $ on this feature.  I just want to confirm that I got what I paid for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Open Intel Rapid Storage from the Control Panel and it will show it there. The computer actually combines the 32 gig mSSD and the main hard drive into a RAID-0 array so it all appears as a single drive. I have the same setup and I am very pleased with the performance. The boot time is incredible. The Intel Rapid Storage Control Panel will show the 32 gig mSSD under the acceleration tab if you have it. You can also open the door on the bottom of the laptop and physically confirm the presence of the mSSD. It looks a bit like a cross between a wireless card and a memory module.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Open Intel Rapid Storage from the Control Panel and it will show it there. The computer actually combines the 32 gig mSSD and the main hard drive into a RAID-0 array so it all appears as a single drive. I have the same setup and I am very pleased with the performance. The boot time is incredible. The Intel Rapid Storage Control Panel will show the 32 gig mSSD under the acceleration tab if you have it. You can also open the door on the bottom of the laptop and physically confirm the presence of the mSSD. It looks a bit like a cross between a wireless card and a memory module.

HP Recommended

I see it.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi -

Mine is supposed to have it, but if I open up the bottom of the machine the second hard drive bay is empty, only the first contains a drive (750G 7200 RPM Hitachi). 

I also opened up Intel Rapid Start Technology Manager, and it didn't have any drive info at all:

IRSTM_1.jpg

I take it this means that I don't have the SSD Cache?

Edit: actually snapshot I posted above is not tool you were talking about, just realized this...it turns out that my PC doesn't even *have* Intel Rapid Storage that I'm able to find, so it almost certainly doesn't have this feature.

HP Recommended

Hi, Gays

I have hp dv7000 with 1TB HDD Toshiba with 32GB SSD as a cache accererator . I tried to install windows 8 but I have problems with finding the drive in for choosing in which partition to be installed. Have had somebody a problem like that?

I think i need a driver for that but i could not find it anywhere, i have samo chats with people from hp Support but with no result.

Can somebody help me?

HP Recommended

Hello Mariyqn.  I understand you need a driver for your mSSD cache.

There are many models of the DV7000 so I'll need your product number to locate the correct software.  This document can show you where it is located.

Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

You mentioned to "open it from Control Panel".  I can see an entry in my Windows Control Panel Programs List for "Intel Rapid Storage Technology", but not an option to open it (only to uninstall it).  How to open it?  The salesman said my boot times would be blazing fast with this 32GB Accelerated gizmo, but my boot times are much slower on this brand new laptop.  Something's not right here.  It's only one day old, so maybe I need to do something to switch it on or load the OS into the cache to get the blazing speeds?    This is a new dv6t7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook, but I purchased Win7 for it instead of Win8. 

OK, I was able to open it by entering the name into the search field and an entry appeared for "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" that I could open.  The settings all look good to me, but I am just stunned at how slow this laptop is behaving.  Boot time is slower than my 10-year-old machine.  I have to wait just while bringing up Google or send an email.  I've never waited this long on machines that didn't have nearly the firepower this one has.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.