Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I decided to upgrade my HP Laptop 15-bs0xx from HDD to m.2 SSDs, I don't know how to identify my specification of the Motherboard 832B 23.57 to know if it supports m.2 or not. please provide me with a software or a tool to identify it and buy it something fits to it, I saw some videos upgrading to m.2 SSD with same model as Mine but I didn't proceed  fearing that it's not the same specification as mine. lemme know if you require more info.

thanks for helping folks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@akamfanaye 

Your machine is a notebook and the motherboard shown is for desktop. No way you can put a desktop motherborad to a note book PHYSICALLY

For the last image, it is NOT a slot for M.2 storage. You have to remove HDD to add M.2 board and that is not a viable option. (if not crazy).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@akamfanaye 

There are TWO sets of HP 15-bs0xx machines. One set is for Intel processors and one set is for AMD processor. The following manual is for machines with Intel processors

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257.pdf

One example: HP Notebook - 15-bs084tu, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05537731

what is yours ?

Your machine has Single storage option therefore the chance to have M.2 slot for storage is 50/50. You ONLY know when opening your machine. Most likely NO

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, mine is Intel and it’s the general specs  HP Notebook - 15-bs085nia and I found this motherboard spec HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Odense  I don’t know if it’s my laptop’s mother board spec or not, according to this it has m.2 slot, and from the link you provided I got this sections in the manual which indicates it has the slot and I can Install m.2 SSD on it.

FC3A6238-B487-4AF0-BDAB-63F0A7FC3C60.png

9EE6A48E-1762-47F7-B398-74237FBD38C7.png

HP Recommended

@akamfanaye 

Your machine is a notebook and the motherboard shown is for desktop. No way you can put a desktop motherborad to a note book PHYSICALLY

For the last image, it is NOT a slot for M.2 storage. You have to remove HDD to add M.2 board and that is not a viable option. (if not crazy).

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.