Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook PC

Hello!

I bought used hp elitebook 840g6 (core i5). I thouhgt that there are LTE (wwan) module included, but i was wrong.

So how can i upgrade lte in my laptop?

I opened laptop and:

1) i found where can i add lte module (photo in below post)

2) i dont know where i should connect wires to motherboard (i dont have red and blue wires)

3) i dont know how open sim car card slot. Plug is stacked.

4) Anyone knows difference between L27188-002 and L27188-001? 001 cheaper, but in manual wwan module number L27188-002.

So can someone give me a FAQ how should i do this?

Thanks in advance!

DSC_0057.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@19gan91 wrote:

4) Anyone knows difference between L27188-002 and L27188-001? 001 cheaper, but in manual wwan module number L27188-002.

@19gan91 

It is much safer to use module shown in manual. You can order

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=%20L27188-002

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for answer, but for me more actual 1-3 questions.

I decided to try 005 wwan module. (cause 002 modules price too high).

update:

I understand, if i dont have wwan wires it is impossible (or too heavy) to insert them in laptop cover.

Is it restricted to make a splitter from wifi antenna and connect to wifi wires wlan and wwan?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.