12-30-2011 09:34 AM
My laptop is HP pavilion dv9750ej running Windows 7 32-bit.
I have the latest BIOS version F.5A, and I would like to change my SATA settings to AHCI. When I access my BIOS I have no option to make this change. How can I do it?
If it is also possible, I would like to change my HPET mode to 64-bit.
12-30-2011 11:14 AM
There is no option in the BIOS to change the setting to ACHI. ACHI is enabled by default.
You can read this link about HPET. From reading this, apparently it makes no difference whether you change it or not.
And certainly if there is no BIOS setting to change, then like the ACHI setting, it can't be done.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot