Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to replace the motherboard of my DV2000 laptop because the Nvidia graphics card is already dead. I tried connecting it on external monitor but I get the same results (Black screen & Flickering white stuffs). 

I saw some infos at the bottom of the laptop that might help to idetify the part number of my motherboard.

Product: HP Pavilion DV2500

s/n: {Personal Information Removed}

p/n: KA111EA#ABZ

DV2699EL

I'm planning to buy a new motherboard from ebay. Please help. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Two day old post...

Here's a link that does show an HP motherboard and the typical location of the motherboard information.

Motherboard Part Number - Location

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<   Click the White Kudos Star on the Left to give “Kudos / Thanks” for the help.

Please Click “Accept as Solution if I provided the fix for your problem.  Thanks!

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Never give out your Serial Number

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi.. 

I have a HP Pavilion dv2500 laptop and I need to replace the motherboard.

I found this number is written on the motherboard itself 48 4S501 031 is this a correct model number of my mother board.

Please help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

Can you tell me what processor you have ?

At this point it would be hard to tell you what system board you have without knowing the processor. 

THX

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur wrote:

Here's a link that does show an HP motherboard and the typical location of the motherboard information. 

Motherboard Part Number - Location

My deepest thanks to you for the link. Not surprisingly it went to a non-HP site. Also unsurpisingly, armed with my mobo's part number, a search of HP's site yielded zip, zero, zilch, nah-thing, nuttin', nary-a-thang, squat, bupkus, nada, nyet (tehnically that means "no"), hmm, that's all I can think of right now other than to say it yielded an all-too-typical HP search result. The same one I get every. single. time. I take leave of my senses and yet again try to search HP's site.

You buy a company's products, spending your money for which you, unlike this "manufacturer", probably worked very hard. You have a problem with this product so you call the "manufacturer" and spend an endless time on hold to get someone who, even if they're in the same hemisphere as you, cannot speak your native language much less think outside of the pages of the script from which they're "happily" assisting you. (and they're always "happy to assist you with this", aren't they?) They're happy to not understand one word of your question: 

Me: "When I try to boot my laptop, I have no display and my caps lock light is slowly flashing"

"Sean": "When you start your computer pressing your caps lock key prevents you from typing?"

Me: "No" [repeats question]

"Sean": "I am very sorry. Now I understand. Pressing your caps lock key prevents your computer from starting?"

Me: *Click* <runs to horizon cursing vehemently much like Yosemite Sam>

Actually, that's the abbreviated version. The torture continued for another 10 minutes (years) before I gave up.

Reason #1,678,907,786,003.7 I will never, ever buy another HP product and why HP remains the one corporate entity for whose complete, utter and total bankrptcy is my most fervent hope for events to occur during my lifetime.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.