02-19-2013 04:56 PM
I've tried many ways to find out how to turn on the fingerprint reader but i cant find one. I have a Hp ENVY m6. When I got it, the fingerprint scanner worked and after I shut it down, it stopped working. I went on device manager and unchecked the box that said "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" but the fingerprint scanner still didn't work.
Ps. I have windows 8
02-28-2013 08:55 AM
Add me to the list. After searching the web, seems like this is a HUGE unsolved problem, not being addressed by HP!
How long did they know Win8 was coming?
09-01-2013 01:31 PM
Add me to the list too! I've been doing days of research and it's so frustraiting, I can't fix it at all. The only think the finger reader lets me do is sign onto my user accound using the sensor instead of typing in a password. Apart from that it wont detect anything!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot